Noisy Waters Artist Requirements
Please read our Noisy Waters Festival FAQ
1) APPLICATIONS CLOSED
2) Selected artists will receive a $500 stipend upon check-in to help defray their expenses.
3) Primed panels provided by Paper Whale. Artists bring own supplies.
4) Artists check-in and may begin setting up their tents at the festival site between 4-6 pm on Thursday (8/17/2023). This will be followed by a welcome reception hosted by Paper Whale.
5) Painting times Fri 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Saturday 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Sunday 9:00 AM to 2PM. All painting must be completed by Sunday, August 20 at 2:00 PM. Awards to follow.
6) Paint 8ft x 8ft primed wall.
7) No projectors or painting during off hours. Stencils OK.
9) Artist is responsible for lodging. Our team can provide assistance if requested.
10) Recipients of commissions to be announced on Sunday 2:30.
12) Artist must be present to win.
13) Artwork will be sold in an auction and artists will receive 70% of the sale.
Commissioned work will not have to replicate the mural painted at the event; the muralist, Paper Whale, and business owner will collaborate on the theme for the murals. Artist and business owner will determine the installation timeframe.
THIS YEAR’S THEME: "Make it Beautiful!"
Paintings from the festival will be auctioned off and the artists will be compensated a 70% commission.